- 1. Why did you choose WIZE NET for an internship?
- I studied software engineering yet after I graduated, I worked as a teacher assistant at my college. I really wanted to gain some commercial experience and specially in the web development field. When I learnt more about WIZE NET and the technologies they use I really wanted to seize the chance. After reading about the experience of the interns before me it made very eager to take this opportunity and make the best out of it. I was also excited I will get a chance not only to gain technical experience but also learn more about the Japanese culture and language.
- 2. How did you feel before coming to Japan?
- I was very excited yet scared. It was my first time traveling alone abroad. It has long been one of my dreams, so I was really happy. I was trying to study Japanese, but it was very hard, so I was a bit worried of my ability to communicate when I arrive. I made a list of all the things I want to do and places I want to visit over the weekends and the holidays. I spend some time looking up suitable accommodation and when I received my visa, I booked my flight tickets and paid for my commendation. I was kind of prepared.
- 3. How was the internship in the beginning?
- It was very exciting and challenging. The first month I was assigned a task where I had to create a project using two different frame works and then compare them. I have learnt a lot working on that along with a challenging problem-solving activity that we had weekly. Everyone at the company was really nice and welcoming. Every week at least twice we would all gather and have our lunch together. the company prepared us a welcome party where we got to know each other more and I got to try some traditional Japanese food that was really delicious.I think I got adapted really fast. I love Tokyo , its a city where you are never bored. I wasn’t only gaining experience I was also enjoying my time learning more about the city and the people.